2013-03-06: IF they are working properly and are correctly located … Smoke Detectors and/or Heat Detectors will detect a fire in your house … and give you and your family a warning (usually, audible only !?!) to evacuate immediately. Detectors will NOT suppress a fire, and they will NOT protect what you value most … your home.
At your leisure, you might like to check out this important Domestic / Residential / Home Fire Protection Measure … which you will be hearing a lot more about, here, in Europe !
U.S. Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition’s Virtual Sprinklered House
[ http://www.homefiresprinkler.org/index.php/virtual-sprinklered-house-builder-presentation ]
Short video clips cover the following …
- Why Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems are Needed
- What are Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems
- How Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems Work
- Installing a Residential Fire Sprinkler System
- Planning for Residential Sprinklers
- Types of Residential Fire Sprinkler System
- National Fire Protection Association – NFPA 13D: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One and Two-Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes
- Water Used in Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Types of Residential Fire Sprinkler Head
- Maintenance of Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems